The FCAC’s mission is to further and support the practice and enjoyment of the fine arts in the Fremont community. In addition to producing its own events and sponsorship and assistance for those of other arts organizations, the FCAC promotes cultural arts activities in the City of Fremont, serves as a collective voice in matters of public policy affecting the cultural arts community and promotes the public image of Fremont as a balanced community. We continue to support and encourage community and civic efforts to create a new performing arts facility as well as public art installations. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit, EIN 94-2737445, California C0528738. Read our Bylaws.
The Fremont Cultural Arts Council is a member of the Alameda County and City-Level Arts Partnership Network convened by the Alameda County Arts Commission. The network is a platform for the Alameda County Arts Commission and City-Level arts organizations to share information about programs and priorities, deepen our understanding of the arts ecosystem in Alameda County, and partner on County and Statewide initiatives to support the arts and our whole regional community. For more information about the individual organizations in the Arts Partnership Network, please view the Overview of City-Level Arts Organizations in Alameda County available online at the Alameda County Arts Commission’s website.
Board of Directors
- President – Julie Gilson
- Vice President – Connie Chew
- Treasurer – Paul Davis
- Secretary – Open
- Public Art – Open
- Publicity and PR – Arathi Satish
- Internship Outreach – Anu Suresh
- On-Site Arts – Knuti VanHoven
- Regional Arts & History – Al Minard
- Arts Outreach – Margaret Thornberry
- Facility Management – Doris Green
- Juried Photo Exhibit – Rajeev Shankar
- City of Fremont Park & Recreation Dept. Liaison – Jessica Garule
- Website design & support – Lisa Stambaugh of Collective Discovery
Board positions are now available. If you are interested in serving your community and the arts, we want to hear from you!